Friday 13 January 2012

Advert for Newspaper


  Above is my advert for my T.V channel, I chose the black background because of the edges of the logo itself, further implying the idea that a torch is being pointed into the darkness, that I spoke about before, and the word 'Unexplained' being illuminated and standing out. I used the red text because it stood out against the black background and because of the colour pallet of the logo. Aside from the recreated Area 51 sign, so far all the pictures have been used on my website and that is why I decided to use them again. When it came to looking at which artist interpretations to use, I chose Mothman and the Bunyip. This is because Mothman matched the logo's colour scheme and so I thought it would look good in one of the corners and the Bunyip was, in my opinion, the best one that I had drawn and even though it was mainly white I still wanted to use it because of the attention to detail I had worked hard on.

  I decided to use an actual photo on the advert. So I used one that I had taken from my laptop when I was at Ogmore Castle recording parts of the 'Identify the Unknown' opening. This is because I still had the coat and hat on at the time and took the photo has the character, just for fun.

I have received feedback from my teacher and this has influenced the way I designed my advert and the new design is below.



this was now based more on an advert for Top Gear Live I had seen in a newspaper when i was researching adverts codes and conventions.  This influenced the main look with the pictures going down the side and having the logo in the middle.

I had to include details that showed it was a promotional advert and so added channel numbers, but after checking them with my double page spread realised that they were different numbers and so had to change them quickly otherwise there would have been a very noticeable continuity error throughout the work I had done.

No comments:

Post a Comment